Vegan Shakeology is not fortified
I have a number of pregnant clients and the question of using Shakeology while pregnant comes up every time. Officially I have to say – consult your personal physician.
Personally, I asked my own doctor and got a green light… I was just having a regular “woman” check-up, but I remembered to bring REGULAR Shakeology with me so I could ask. When I got home I looked at the Vegan formula and noticed the label was different. Turns out that instead of fortifying the Vegan Shakeology like the original version (or like your breakfast cereal), the new Vegan Shakeology uses Moringa…what is Moringa? I wondered too! A quick web search reveals that:
100g of fresh Moringa leaves have 8.3 g protein, 434 mg calcium, 404 mg potassium, 738 μg vitamin A, and 164 mg vitamin C
How much Moringa is IN Shakeology?? We don’t know yet… but here is Carl Daikler’s post about it from his personal blog:
It wasn’t easy – just ask the Chocolate Vegan Superfood Formula – but it’s here: The newest addition to the Shakeology® family: Chocolate Vegan.
Chocolate Vegan Shakeology® is also Team Beachbody’s latest addition to the Beachbody Ultimate™ brand. It’s the perfect complement to Tropical Shakeology® and as evidenced by the overwhelmingly positive reaction by those who sampled some at Coach Summit, it’s going to be big.
Products we release that contain the Beachbody Ultimate™ logo (Tropical Vegan Shakeology®, Chocolate Vegan Shakeology®, and Ultimate™ Reset) are on a different level. This in no way means our other products are lacking in quality ingredients or nutrition, but to get the Beachbody Ultimate™ stamp, these products have to possess ingredients that are the Ultimate in purity and assimilability, will help keep you free of toxins, nurture the body’s natural ability to heal itself and enhance the organic processes your body already goes through.
Woah, what does this mean? Well, many of the questions are answered by Darin Olien in the video below, but we are going to dive into some here, as well:
• Plant based. As you know, the new formula is 100% plant-based and the health benefits of a plant-based lifestyle are well documented — from lower cholesterol and lower risk for heart disease, cancer, and diabetes – to easier weight management and fewer digestive issues.
• Your new best friend. The new Chocolate Vegan is also a great complement to the Ultimate™ Reset and another incredibly SIMPLE way to get phenomenal nutrition into your body, especially during the Reset. The Ultimate™ Reset is what I like to call “The Vegan Maker”. This product has more self-proclaimed “meat and potatoes guys” (myself included), eating Vegan more than 50% of the time. Team Beachbody Coach Mike French and his wife Tami did the Ultimate™ Reset, are now 100% vegan, and say the Reset literally changed their lives – forever. It just got even better with Chocolate Vegan.
• No animals allowed. Give your system a break from heavy animal proteins by replacing one meal a day with Chocolate Vegan Shakeology®. There are also theories that eating meat which arrived on your plate through the brutal process of factory farming can contribute to added stress. Plant-based foods can help calm the body from the inside out.
• Superfoods! Chocolate Vegan includes 5 new superfoods: moringa, coconut flower nectar, luo han guo, Himalayan salt, and konjac root. All key nutrients come from natural whole foods.
There are no added vitamin or mineral isolates and no fortification.
Moringa is called the “Tree of Life,” because it is one of nature’s most nutritious foods. It contains 90 nutrients and 46 antioxidants along with ALL of the essential amino acids. Plus, according to some studies, moringa can help boost energy, lead to faster recovery, and balance out blood sugar levels.
• All natural chocolate. The way nature intended. Ever wonder what cacao tastes like right out of the pod from the cacao tree? It’s rich, earthy chocolate taste is derived solely from whole-food ingredients with no additional flavoring agents.
• Freedom. Chocolate Vegan is lactose and dairy free. If you’re lactose intolerant or have trouble digesting whey protein, then this is the shake for you. Most people have trouble digesting dairy, whey protein, or animal proteins and don’t even know it—until they try a plant-based protein meal and can immediately feel a difference.
• Sugar is the devil and Fructose is a thing of the past. Chocolate Vegan is made with coconut flower nectar and luo han duo — two whole-food superfoods that are so naturally sweet, there’s no need to add fructose.
• This is a BIG ONE – protein. One of the most common questions vegans get is, “How do you get your protein?” Well, plants have protein and so does Vegan Shakeology – 16 grams per serving. Chocolate Vegan and Tropical Strawberry are crafted from an easy-to-assimilate blend of whole, plant-based proteins including sprouted brown rice, pea, sacha inchi, chia, flax, quinoa, amaranth, and spirulina. Not only do they offer 9 essential amino acids, but together they are a complete protein source with sufficiently high levels of lysine and methionine, two important amino acids that are often a limiting factor in plant-based diets. To put it simply – you don’t need 30 grams of protein with all the other nasty stuff, when you have 16 grams packed with the best stuff.
Some people look at what we are doing with the Beachbody Ultimate™ line and think, “man, that’s extreme.” But, this is a good thing. We have an EXTREME problem on our hands. Nearly every revolutionary change in the history of the world was at one point perceived as extreme. Through persistence and believing in what is right, changes were made.
One day, hopefully soon, this type of nutrition will be part of the normal American lifestyle. But in the mean time, it’s going to take a lot of work. It’s going to take Team Beachbody Coaches believing in the benefits of Vegan Shakeology™ and the Ultimate™ Reset and sharing them with the skeptics. This isn’t about brainwashing anyone or creating a cult following, it’s about helping people who would otherwise be left feeling tired, overweight, and hopeless… and having a blast doing it.
To Order your Shakeology: