Don’t kill your diet over the holidays: Pumpkin Spice Latte Alternative
My boyfriend (also a Beachbody Coach) asked me this morning what he should write about for his latest blog post. I immediately and without hesitation told him “Pumpkin – there is pumpkin in everything this time of year! It is so hard to resist it all”
Do you find yourself at Starbucks ordering a Pumpkin Spice Latte with whipped cream and also ordering a pumpkin Muffin or Pumpkin Scone to go with it? Do you know what is in your drink? I know you want to splurge over the holidays, but this is not the best use of your splurge calories….
Or how about that Carby-creation? This is the Scone…
Looking for a pumpkin spice FIX without the nearly 700 calories? So you still want Pumpkin in Everything still?
TRY A PUMPKIN SPICE VANILLA SHAKEOLOGY!
- 1 packet vanilla Shakeology
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 8oz water or unsweetened almond milk
- (optional: 2T plain canned pumpkin puree)
- Blend with ice
- Or, if you want to try it warm, just don’t go over 115-120 degrees. No reason to kill off some of the great pro-biotics it provides you!
- ONLY 220 – 320 calories!!!