What It Does
In an independent 90-day study, 1 participants replaced one meal a day with Shakeology ® and exercised regularly.
Here’s what they told us:*
- “I felt full and didn’t struggle with hunger.”
- “I felt a better sustained energy throughout the day.”
- “I have tons of energy. I feel so healthy!”
- “I replaced all my vitamin supplements. I felt healthy and energized.”
- “I was able to think more clearly and stay focused.”
- “I have more energy, less cravings, more endurance, and feel more youthful.”
- “Shakeology reduced my appetite and increased my energy so that I could accomplish more things throughout the day.”
- “I have tried a lot of protein shakes and meal-replacement-type drinks, and Shakeology is the best tasting of them all. I mix it with a bit of soy milk and ice, and it tastes like an ice cream shake!”
Here’s what the doctor who ran the study observed about the participants:*
- They reduced oxidative stress, a risk factor for degenerative diseases, by as much as 90%.
- They lowered their total cholesterol levels by an average of 30% and their “bad” cholesterol levels by an average of 38%.
- They reduced their cardiovascular risk factors by an average of 24%.
How It Works*
This patent-pending daily nutritional shake helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today’s highly processed foods.
At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.
What’s In It
Even if you searched all over the world, you probably wouldn’t be able to find all of the 70-plus, ultra-high-quality ingredients we’ve included in Shakeology. Not only do you get a wide range of essential nutrients, from the fruits and vegetables you should be eating more of every day, you’ll also get the benefits of important foods from all around the world—foods that the latest scientific research has shown to be highly advantageous to your well-being.
More than 70 different ingredients were chosen from around the world for their potency and bioavailability (the ability to deliver the nutrients your body needs). Here are the key nutrient groups that these ingredients deliver:*
- Protein and Essential Amino Acids to help build long, lean muscles and reduce food cravings
- Prebiotics and Digestive Enzymes, which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption
- Antioxidants and Phytonutrients to help counteract free radical damage that can lead to degenerative diseases
- Vitamins and Minerals your body needs to function for
Protein and Essential Amino Acids*
- Help build and repair muscles
- Reduce hunger and food cravings
- Help keep blood sugar steady
- Support brain function to help promote alert thinking and reduce anxiety
- Promote healthy skin, hair, and nails
Shakeology includes whey protein isolate, an easily absorbable source of high-quality protein that’s ideal for building and maintaining lean muscle mass. It also helps keep your blood sugar steady, reducing hunger and junk food cravings. Essential amino acids, found in protein, help the body repair muscle tissue and heal wounds; support the brain to promote calmness and alertness; and reduce hunger pangs. The whey protein in Shakeology provides a highly bioavailable source of essential amino acids.
Prebiotics and Digestive Enzymes*
- Aid digestion
- Help boost the immune system
- Increase absorption of nutrients
- Help keep you “regular”
Shakeology contains many ingredients that are beneficial to the digestive system. Prebiotics, natural components of certain plants, help support the “friendly” bacteria in your digestive tract. They may also help with the absorption of minerals such as calcium. Digestive enzymes, from plant sources such as pineapples and papayas, help your body break down food into its individual components, making the nutrients easier to absorb. Cooking can destroy food’s natural digestive enzymes, so there’s a good chance that you don’t get enough of them in your diet.
Antioxidants and Phytonutrients*
- Get rid of harmful free radicals
- Help decrease inflammation
- Help boost your immune system
- Potentially decrease the risk of degenerative diseases
- May even increase longevity
Many of Shakeology’s fruit and vegetable sources have been chosen for their high concentration of healthy natural substances known as phytonutrients, including flavonoids, polyphenols, anthocyanins, and catechins. These substances have antioxidant properties, meaning they help get rid of molecules known as free radicals, which damage cells and may be a key component of the aging process. In laboratory tests, phytonutrients have shown promise in helping prevent a wide variety of degenerative conditions. What’s more, studies suggest that the natural mix of phytochemicals you get from whole-plant sources is more effective than taking them individually as nutritional supplements.
23 Vitamins and Minerals*
- Get a wide range of essential nutrients
- Get your necessary vitamins every day
- Make up for dietary deficiencies
Most of us don’t get the complete range of essential vitamins and minerals in our daily diets. Some important vitamins, such as vitamin C and the B vitamins, are water-soluble, meaning they’re flushed out of your body after a short time and need to be replenished regularly. Others, like vitamin E, can be difficult to get enough of in food. Shakeology provides all these nutrients in an easy-to-take, easily absorbable form, so you never have to worry.